Monday 28 December 2009

Transcend HDD

Hi, I just went to Low Yat plaza to get a Transcend Hard Disc Drive (HDD) 500 GB Store Jet 25 M for RM 303. It is shockproof, drop tested with U.S Military Standard( MIL-STD-819F METH.516.5 Proc.IV) This should suffice, as the HDD wouldn't be dropped from a height of 1 meter. My previous encounters with Hard disks have not been too good, when my Western Digital couldn't even withstand a knock, whats more, a drop? I rather get a lower capacity Solid State Drive (SSD) This, has no moving parts in the drive, thus can withstand drops and knocks well. The cost is more expensive though. It comes with 2 year warranty with 1 year additional provided by the store.
Also, I got a HP ink refill for the printer. Give it a try, see how it compares to the original.
Picked up some Mitsubishi DVD+R in 25s. This is for the DVD recorder. Had some plastic holder to go with it.
I saw a 128GB flash drive retailing at RM1000+ hehe, this would be good for compact storage that wouldn't be damaged too easily. Maybe for a mission ?
In future, flash drives will be much cheaper with much more storage space.

No comments: