Friday 13 March 2009

Indoor Sports Hall (ISH) | Results Day

Hi,
First, there is History lesson. Why were the Japanese so strong in the war? There were many reasons, one of them being the British underestimated the Japanese. History home work was given today. The topics---- Japanese Occupation: A "japanized" Singapore and a period of fear and terror! or A period of Propaganda, Poverty and sufferings.
I think I am going to choose the first one.The deadline is 26th March 2009, quite reasonable.
During Malay, we learnt about the Malay wedding.
During Chinese, we went through the Chinese vocabulary for the test on the 2nd week of Term 2. Those who failed Chinese have to do a newspaper report that is >300 words.
During Science, we finished Dynamics and talked about our CA1 results. For English, Mrs.Koh did not come, we were asked to do the Comprehension worksheet that was given long ago. So, although we were the best in Science, sadly, we were the worst in English :-( I think the book quiz should not be counted( 20%), which means 1 mark in book quiz= 1 mark in overall.
1 mark in Comprehension=4 marks in overall !
The Book Quiz was not even fair. Some got multiple choice questions, some could refer to the book, while some was open ended.
As I chose the open-ended, I did badly. The trouble with choosing simple books. 7/20 :(
The Comprehension was O.K, except for the Vocabulary section and the last question. -5 marks
Final score 15/20.
Well, I sort of guessed correctly my score, while many did badly:(
Every mark is important, mainly because of the weightage of the test.
For Chinese, I didn't study, thus I got an F9.
Although for Maths I got A1, it's still a Band 3 :(
Science was quite ok...
Art could have gotten more|A1
Home econs was a relief, thought I got low marks, in fact it was A2
History was C6/59.3 Could have gotten B4 /60+
However, the overall results were not that promising :(
B3 | 67.40
Mainly because of Chinese.
It's OK I shall work harder to get at least 70 in the overall. I have to improve a few marks in each subject.
On a softer note, we watched the Sports Spectacular, which consists of Table Tennis, Netball, Wushu, Badminton, Softball & Basketball.
It's quite good, considering that they have been preparing for a year or so.The indoor sports Hall is a new addition to the school. So it is the venue of the 3 -on 3 basketball competition. However, I feel that it doesn't have this grand look (Sadly) It ended about 4p.m. Then, something funny happened. Terence accused me of turning on his light for the whole period of time. It was so funny, he even asked for compensation. Tee Hee Bye

No comments: